Monthly Archives: December 2012
Most of you will know I follow a low carb, paleolithic diet. This doesn’t mean you can’t have some awesome food! I get creative with my meals, I try things differently if the recipe doesn’t suit me and learn from trial and error. I found some wrap recipes using lettuce as the wrap and to be honest they never interested me, but one night I decided to give them a go. OMG! These things are totally amazeballs and they fill you up!! Each wrap has protein, healthy fats and a good serve of vegetables-what more could you ask for? So without further adieu…..
2 Pieces Iceberg Lettuce
Small Piece Red Capsicum-chopped
Small Piece Green Capsicum-chopped
1 Spring Onion-chopped
250g Beef Mince (This will make two serves and you can use turkey or chicken mince if desired)
1 Cup Basil-roughly chopped
- Cook the mince in a frypan, add garlic powder to your own tastes
- When the mince is almost done, add the basil leaves to the pan
- Remove once leaves wilted and mince cooked
- Use the same pan to cook capsicum, tomato and spring onion
- Rinse lettuce leaves, shake excess water and place on plate
- Split mince portion in half, keep one half aside for another meal. Divide second half evenly over each lettuce leaf
- Divide avocado over two portions
- Divide mixed vegetables over each portion
- Wrap up and enjoy!
Warning: These are messy to eat, just get in there and enjoy them!
Stop drooling, go make them.