Take Two On The Session That Owned Me.
Yesterday was my second attack on the kettlebell workout from last week. You can read about the first attack here. Ben joined me again and Anne decided she wanted to take this on to!
Ben and I both decided we were going for two rounds this week and we made it through. I even kept the kettlebell clean and presses in (I was going to substitute with a dumbbell to prevent those horrible bruises). This week I dropped the weight for them a little and really concentrated on form. The result? No bruises!
Next week will be round three and we are going to stick with the two rounds again, though I’ll be looking at adding some more weight on the reverse lunges, front squats and maybe the clean and press.
I’m not going to lie the two rounds is a killer, I was completely shattered by the end of this and I’m pretty sure Ben and Anne were there with me. If you are going to attempt this workout here’s a few tips:
1) Bring a workout buddy. They will get you through.
2) Don’t be scared to drop weights, have a variety there so can easily drop them down to get through the workout. It’s harder than what it seems on paper.
3) In saying that don’t be afraid to challenge yourself and up the weights, just don’t sacrifice your form.
4) The front squats and kettlebell swings can really impact your lower back, so for this your form is super important as is weight selection.
5) If you don’t know what any exercise is or how to complete it with correct form, don’t just make it up or attempt it hoping for the best. Get someone who knows what they are doing to show you.
I’ll keep you updated next week on how we go.